I find inspiration all around me. You may not know, but my husband and I own and operate a small farm here in Northern Vermont.
There are so many things that I find I would love to incorporate and share in my quilting.
- There are geese flying overhead on a cool (cold) fall morning.
- Cows mooing in the pasture.
- Cats meowing and rubbing on my legs
- Flowers in bloom.
- Bright orange pumpkins.
- Juicy red berries.
- Buzzy Bees.
- A Yappy, jumpy beagle pup wanting a walk.
- Crisp red and green apples.
- Crunchy corn stalks.
- Roosters crowing and hens cackling.
- Red and Yellow and Orange and Brown leaves on the trees.
It just goes on and on. There is so much to see and hear and smell and feel. How do you put all that joy into cloth and thread? I am not sure, but I am going to try.
The hard part is deciding on ONE project to work on. I need about
10 100 of me to do it all.
I guess one finished project that I can share with everyone is better than 40 unfinished ones…